Custom Forms act as a catch-all for exemption certificates not available in the forms library. This option is necessary to process certain tax exemptions that are handled through nontraditional means, including certain Direct Pay, Charitable Exemptions, State or local Government agencies and other exemption reasons.
Please keep in mind that access to process certificate function might be restricted for some user roles; please contact your EXEMPTAX account owner to check if you have sufficient access rights to perform this function.
1. Go to "Queues" (1) on the left menu and press the "Cert ID" (2) button to view a particular certificate.
2. Proceed to "Classification" (1) and ensure to fill out the following details:
- Select "CST-Custom" for the Jurisdiction (2)
- Select "CUSTOM FORM" for your form selection (2)
- Choose the appropriate customer to classify to whom this form belongs to (2)
Press "Continue" (3) to proceed.
3. Proceed to "Validation" (1) and ensure to enter all critical details (2) pertaining to your Custom Form. Once all validation fields are filled out, press "Continue" (3) to finalize your Custom Form.
NOTE: Custom Forms typically don’t conform to certain sets of required data and are therefore open to broader interpretation, we recommend that you seek advice from your tax professional prior to processing Custom Forms.