Some states provide the option to verify certain tax ID's, permit numbers or other data through an online portal. It is highly recommended to take advantage of online verification directly through the state to ensure that provided data is accurate.
The following documentation outlines how you can use the Proof of Authentication function per state and particular form during certificate processing in Step 3. Please check the documentation to see how to process Step 1 Classification and Step 2 Validation of automatically uploaded certificates and manually uploaded certificates.
Please keep in mind that access to certificate processing might be restricted for some user roles; please contact your EXEMPTAX account owner to check if you have sufficient access rights to perform this function.
NOTE: Step 3 "Authentication" of the certificate process is only available when Online Verification for this particular form is enabled.
1. Select "Queues" (1) in the menu bar. From there you can select the certificate you want to validate by clicking the "Cert ID" (2) button.
2. Go to step "Authentication" (1) and press on the link provided directing you the state governed website (2).
3. Once you have accessed the particular state portal, fill out the required input criteria and hit the Search function. The state will provide the result whether the information is valid or not valid accordingly.
4. Take a snippet of the search result in Step 2 above and save the snippet locally to your PC.
5. If the authentication was a match indicate "Yes" in the "Valid Match" function (1).
6. You can proceed to upload the "Proof of Authentication" (1) to the certificate by pressing the "Choose File" function. Press the "Authentication" (2) button to finalize the process.
TIP: The uploaded proof of authentication file will be automatically attached to your processed certificate. You can easily retrieve those data by using our Report Builder.
7. Once done, your validation rules will determine if your certificate has been successfully processed.