If you utilize our CertDash platform to receive your tax certificates from your customers electronically, most certificates you receive are guaranteed to be fully completed and signed.
Please check our CertDash documentation for more information.
Please keep in mind that access to certificate processing might be restricted for some user roles; please contact your EXEMPTAX account owner to check if you have sufficient access rights to perform this function.
The following documentation outlines how you can validate automatically uploaded tax certificates.
1. Select "Queues" (1) in the menu bar. From there you can select the certificate you want to validate by clicking the "Cert ID" (2) button.
2. For all automatically uploaded certificates using CertDash, you will be directed immediately to "Validation" (1).
If your customer submitted a form provided by a state, then all data in the certificate (2) will be automatically inserted into EXEMPTAX. Once done, hit the "Continue" (3) button to proceed.
3. If a particular form requires further checks, then you will be prompted to complete the step "Authentication" (1). Simply follow the instruction:
- Press the link to the state website (2)
- Authenticate the data on the form against the state website provided portal (3)
- Upload a snippet of the valid match as proof of authentication (4) for future audits.
Once done, press on "Authentication" (5) to finalize the validation process.
NOTE: Authentication processes are optional, and you can choose whether to utilize this service by activating or deactivating authentication rules.
4. Once done, your validation rules will determine if your certificate has been successfully processed.