At times, you might want to escalate a certificate if you are missing certain data, having legibility issues due poor quality of the document, want to get a second opinion, or simply park a certificate with added comments for future processing.
The following documentation provides instructions on how to escalate a certificate during processing.
Please keep in mind that access to the Certificate area might be restricted for some user roles; please contact your EXEMPTAX account owner to check if you have sufficient access rights to perform this function.
1. Click on the "Queues" (1) function on the left menu bar. From there select the certificate you want to escalate by clicking on the "Cert ID" (2) button.
2. You can escalate a certificate at any processing stage (Classification, Validation, Authentication). Press the "Escalate" (1) button to proceed.
3. Once escalated, simply enter your escalation note (1) for future refence and press the "Escalate Certificate" (2) button to finalize the process.
4. To retrieve escalated certificates, filter the "Certificate Status" to "Escalated" (1) and press the "+" (2) symbol to expand comments.
5. You can view the escalation notes (1) directly from the Queues section.