Customer Tags help you group customers for various purposes, including handling targeted email campaigns.
The following documentation provides instruction on how to upload Customer Tags via customer import.
For further details on Customer Tags, you review the documentation here.
IMPORTANT: Please note that all Customer Tags you upload via the customer import file will override all previously created Customer Tags for that particular customer, including removing any applicable tags if not included in the file.
If you are utilizing an
Please keep in mind that access to customer import might be restricted for some user roles; please contact your EXEMPTAX account owner to check if you have sufficient access rights to perform this function.
NOTE: We recommend that you review documentation on how to import customer master records and how to make mass changes to existing customer records for additional information.
1. Select the icon "Company Settings" in your Dashboard.
2. Once in the "Company Settings" function, press on "Customer Import" (1) on the left menu bar and navigate to the "Bulk_import_template.xlsx" (2) file. From there download the import template file to your local device.
3. Open the downloaded Excel document and populate the import file with relevant Customer Tags for each individual customer record.
FYI: In this example, we are tagging a customer record as VIP customer by populating the Customer Tag field in the upload import template accordingly.
4. When finished with all changes, save your import file, and
5. Once the respective Tag(s) have been uploaded, you may review them inside of the individual Customer Record inside of EXEMPTAX. For example: