Your customers can notify you to opt-out from future email campaign submissions if you choose to enable this option. This opt-out function is useful to ensure that you are only sending email campaigns to correctly intended customers.
The following documentation provides instruction on how to enable opt-out notifications for email campaign submissions.
TIP: Please check out our documentation on how to submit email campaigns.
Please keep in mind that access to Company Settings might be restricted for some user roles; please contact your EXEMPTAX account owner to check if you have sufficient access rights to perform this function.
1. Select the icon "Company Settings" (1) in your Dashboard.
2. Once in the "Company Settings" (1) menu, go to the tab "Others" (2) and navigate to the option "Opt-Out Notification" (3). Here you can use the dropdown to either select "Enable" or "Disable" as your preferred Opt-Out function. Ensure to press "Save Changes" (4) after you have made changes.
3. In this example, we chose to enable the Opt-Out Notification function, which automatically adds an an embedded link (1) into customer emails, which are submitted via the EXEMPTAX email campaign builder.
NOTE: Disabling the Opt-Out Notification function in Step 2 above will remove the embedded link and your customers will not see the line of text (1) outlined in email campaigns.
4. Once your customer clicked on the embedded opt-out link in the email, they are prompted to provide further details (1) as to the reason of opting out.
5. After submission of the customer message, you will automatically receive an email with all relevant details to take action of your customer's opt-out request.
TIP: Please check out our documentation on how to deactivate customers or how to update customer records to take action.